Spiga

PAY YOUR TAXES, ARETHA

I wouldn't be me if I didn't comment on that picture. But to be nice and respectful, I'll let her pass. But the next she leaves the house and forgets to suck, tuck and pull those puppies up, I will not hold back.

The queen of all things fried.......excuse me, I mean, The queen of soul is jeopardy of loses her house.


An attorney’s mistake caused Aretha Franklin’s $700,000 mansion in Detroit to slip into foreclosure over $445 in 2005 taxes and late fees. But Aretha Franklin, who owes a total of $19,192 in back taxes on the property through 2007, said she plans to pay up and reclaim it by the March 31 deadline.

“It was a mere oversight on my attorney’s part to notify me. It will be taken care of immediately and thank you for making me aware of it.”

Franklin risked losing a 1927 Detroit mansion to tax collectors over $162 in 2005 taxes and $283 in interest and fees. The foreclosure judgment was entered earlier this month, and records show Franklin owes $18,746 in back taxes and fees for the 2006 and 2007 tax years, but foreclosure proceedings on those debts wouldn’t begin until next year.


Aretha should sell some fish dinners to catch up on those payments, because let's be honest. That woman looks as if she knows how to fry some fish.

SOURCE











Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy